Get Out Of Payday Loan Debt -Vyom-Intl.Com Uncategorized Why cancer insurance is a smart investment?

Why cancer insurance is a smart investment?

Cancer remains one of the diseases with the highest mortality and implies an important investment for its cure. According to Rimac Seguros estimates, in Peru 90% of treatments cost up to S / .150,000. While the remaining 10% can exceed S /. 450,000 These figures are what make cancer insurance a smart investment.

Life is priceless, but health costs

Life is priceless, but health costs

Claudia Rozas, health care manager of Rimac Seguros says that Peruvians are increasingly aware of the importance of having cancer insurance. “The adult and older adult population is increasing rapidly and it is they who care most about being protected. 
“Before there was no specialized offer. We have offered cancer insurance for fifteen years and we already have 140,000 sold, ”he says.

Types of coverage

Types of coverage

Cancer insurance coverage plans in Peru may vary. But all are designed to respond to the disease according to the needs of the patient. For example, there are programs such as those offered by Pacific that cover just over one million dollars per year, up to the unlimited coverage plans offered by Oncosalud.
However, there are other aspects that must be taken into account before choosing such insurance. “There are two things that a person who wants to buy cancer insurance should evaluate. The first is the coverage of biological therapies and the coverage of complications. This should be the main thing that should be taken into account, outside the amount of annual coverage, ”says Rozas.
On the other hand, protecting a person who has already had cancer is another of the possibilities that current plans contemplate, unlike past years in which being diagnosed with the disease automatically excluded the patient from taking out insurance. “You can protect a person, for example who has had breast cancer from another type of cancer, for example, colon or pancreas, cervix and others,” says Suazo.

Prevention strategy

Prevention strategy

Cancer insurance includes a prevention program, with regular appointments and medical checkups that have two goals. The first, diagnose cancer at an early stage and obtain greater chances of success in treatment. And, the second, to prevent the insurance company from facing higher costs for more complex and long treatments.
But it is not only about taking exams from time to time, there is a whole strategy applied in the check-ups that people should do every year.

“It’s not about giving doctors appointments to people. In the case of Pacific, for example, we follow an international protocol created by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. That is a guide that we follow and respect for our check-up plans and recognize which treatment is the most appropriate, ”says Olivera.
“A prevention plan is a win-win for both parties. That is why it is very important for the person to check in a timely manner. Sometimes you make the excuse of the lack of time, but they are tests that don’t take long and can save your life, ”Suazo recommends.

Elite Treatments

Elite Treatments

The representatives of Oncosalud, Pacífico and Rimac agree on a very specific issue: it is a myth that cancer is treated better abroad than in Peru. “What can be found outside of Peru are constantly renewed equipment and much greater investment in research. But in terms of results and treatment successes there is no difference, ”says Suazo. However, some plans do contemplate the possibility of resorting to medical care outside the country.

For example, in the Pacific, the diagnosed patient may decide to receive his treatment abroad and the insurance will pay for it, but the costs of stay are not covered. “In many cases, what happens is that the person asks for a second opinion outside the country to make sure that the treatment he receives in Peru is the best possible,” says Olivera. While Rimac does not offer international treatment, it does consider reimbursement. “In Peru we have a fairly broad resolution capacity. That’s why we cover a second opinion abroad, but we consider the treatment here to be first, ”Rozas concludes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *